Pages

Thursday 31 May 2012

When its all said and done....


I attempted to put a funeral together for Gatsby but that didn’t go no where as no one would show up not even Meyer.  Mr. Gatz...Gatsby’s father came and spoke about his son as he only wanted the best for him as well as Gatsby just wanted to make a name for him and try to become a wealthy successful man.

I ran into Tom later that day...Tom told me he was the one that told Wilson that Gatsby had killed Myrtle. I had no words to describe the emotions that ran through my body. I respect Gatsby and what he had done. He was a man of success and ambition. 

When it’s all said and done Gatsby was chasing after a dream that was behind him. He wanted Daisy but he was just trying to relive the past and I told him to leave it behind him.


Imagine this land years ago...Same people just a different dream...the American dream. We are all like Gatsby in one way. We have a dream and we will go to great lengths to reach it.


-Nick Carraway.

No comments:

Post a Comment