Pages

Thursday 31 May 2012

Character Analysis: Gatsby


Gatsby is a character that everyone can relate to. Earlier in my blog posts I mentioned that Gatsby is someone who I respect and I stand by that to this day. Of course I don’t condone his actions with the organized crime but I respect his ambition and his will to survive.  Gatsby is like any man or woman, of course without the obsessive side to him but you must understand what he is living for. He wants a woman to love him and he wanted to be wealthy. I’m sure there are thousands of people in the world that have the same dreams like Gatsby. The sad thing is that Gatsby had the money but the money didn’t save him or protect him from his death.  He ended up in a pool dead with no money to save him or with Daisy by his side. Daisy is what Gatsby lived for and woke up every morning for.  Gatsby has been living in the past this whole time and chasing after a dream or a “Green Light” that has already out ran him. Again I understand why Gatsby has gone to the lengths he has to gain Daisy’s affection.  It’s just horrible to see a man die like that when they didn’t understand his dream.

- Adam Appugliesi

No comments:

Post a Comment