Pages

Thursday 31 May 2012

Follow the Yellow Car...



Well what a morning if you ask me! Gatsby picked me up this afternoon so that we could go for lunch but that's not all that Gatsby wanted. Gatsby arrived to my home in his massive vehicle... don't get me wrong I think it is a beautiful vehicle but it is simply not my taste in cars.

Gatsby and us ventured into town and on our ride in Gatsby had to settle something with me. Gatsby was well aware that I have been hearing some interesting stories about him and his past. Gatsby had mentioned to me some things that I just couldn't believe were true. He had spoke about attending Oxford University, collected jewels, hunted big game, and to have been awarded medals in the war. I didn’t want to offend Gatsby so I really didn’t call him out on these stories but then all the pieces of the puzzle came together. Gatsby had presented to me a medal from Montenegro as well as a picture of him and some other men from Oxford.

Then something truly strange happened. Of course in typical Gatsby fashion he was speeding through the valley of ashes when he a policeman pulled us over. The officer came to our car and Gatsby simply showed him a white card and the policeman apologized and walked away. This really threw me a curveball because I didn’t understand how Gatsby could manage something like that...It’s not everyday that you see a cop apologize to a man for pulling him over.

Human Molars? How a man does comes across acquiring human Molars as cuff-lings! This Meyer Wolfshiem character was someone that wouldn't let me sleep well at night with his mysterious ways. After meeting this man that had claimed to had fixed the 1919 World Series it really made me think differently about what kind of man Gatsby truly is. If I dare to say it....Gatsby could be involved in organized crime.

After all that was said and done Jordan and I finally sat down and spoke. More like Jordan spoke and I listened. Jordan spoke about how Gatsby is deeply in love with Daisy and always has been ever since the war. This came to me as a surprise because it didn't occur to me that Gatsby was a man that could love someone else besides himself. I say this because Gatsby throws all these events and drives the nice car and has all this wealth that if he were to focus on anything or anyone besides himself that he wouldn't be who he is.




- Nick

No comments:

Post a Comment